Stranger Tales of the City Edit
”Stranger Tales of the City” is a 2018 anthology published by Obverse Books and edited by Elizabeth Evershed.
The knights hospitaller have just woken to a second life in a City the size of a galaxy.
Two strangers from a far-distant future are flung together on Resurrection Day.
A window-seller visits a claustrophobic suburb and finds it full of mystery.
A Remake gunslinger seeks a new role from the one he was always meant to play…
In this, the sixth anthology in the City of the Saved series, we meet a host of human and not-so-human characters getting to grips with life in the afterlife: alien adoptees with no previous experience of human cultures; Citizens permanently missing and not merely misplaced; priestesses of long-forgotten religions; posthumans with their own baffling version of the Civil Tongue; a viral strain of humankind that has never known community…
The City is full of strangers and these are their tales.
- Farewell to a World By Alexandra Marchon
- Mourning the Story by Robert Shepherd
- Riding Shotgun on a Stage from Grief by Paul Hiscock
- Bubble People by Richard Wright
- Philology: The Real Professional Bag of Tricks by James Bojaciuk
- Buried on Sunday by Jay Eales
- The Wandering Child by Kara Dennison
- Post Script by James Bojaciuk and Elizabeth Evershed
- Linking material by Elizabeth Evershed